3. If there are enough parent volunteers to cover the proofing stations, put 1-2 in the childcare room. Or find a childcare volunteer if need be.
5. Put together simple goody bags to hand out at the end of the event. I like to do a couple organic suckers along with stickers and maybe a coupon to a local business. I’ve gotten ferris wheel rides donated by Scheels before.
6. Plan to pick up a dozen helium balloons the day of the event. Balloons make everything fun.
7. Pray about and talk to parents about what subject they are comfortable proofing.
8. Pray about the student teams you need to assign.
9. Send out an email like this one to participating parents one week before the event with an urgent subject like like, “PLEASE READ ASAP! IMPORTANT CARNIVAL INFO”.
The hour and a half of proofing stations goes very quickly. The kids like the pace and the games a lot. They don’t get bored, that’s for sure!
12:45-1:00 Set Up (parents set up their stations)
1:00-1:10 Opening Session (instructions for children)
1:10-2:45 Proofing and Games
2:45-3:00 Group Limbo, Photo Booth, and Goody Bags
I’m pairing two parents at many stations so one can quiz and one can mark sheets. Each parent will have just one subject to work in. Parents bring your own proofing questions and answers like foundations guides, flash cards, or written out. Parents proof first, then offer a game as a reward for trying. Please plan your own game. If you have a partner, contact them to coordinate your game. Each group will be in your room for approximately 10 minutes. I ring the bell at each rotation time and give 30 seconds for the kids to move to the next station. Please get to proofing right away when students enter your station.
Here is a link to the proofing sheets each child will have and carry with them. You can print and practice at home if you’d like.
Childcare (2 moms or volunteers)
Timer, bell, and rotation supervisor (director)
I pray this helps you put on a wonderful Review Carnival for your own campus. If you have any questions, just leave a comment on this post and I will answer.