POT ROAST LEFTOVERS
Here’s why making a roast is double worth it.
Either you can share with friends over a delicious dinner.
Or you can enjoy leftovers as is or in a whole new meal.
We like to shred leftover pot roast, toss it in barbecue sauce, heat, and enjoy on sub sandwich bread.
See our easy chuck roast recipe below!
EASY SLOW COOKER POT ROAST
POT ROAST INGREDIENTS
3-5 pound chuck roast
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 cups of carrots peeled, washed, and cut 2″ long
6 large potatoes peeled, washed, and quartered
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER POT ROAST
- Salt and pepper the roast well.
- Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven on medium heat. Place meat in the pot and sear on all sides until brown all over.
- Place washed and cut carrots and potatoes on the bottom of a large crock pot.
- Place browned meat over the vegetables.
- Pour one cup of water into the crock pot.
- Put lid on slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8 hours or until the meat falls apart, nice and tender.
We hope you enjoy this simple, one-pot, slow cooker chuck roast recipe as much as we do.